Do you enjoy working within a fast paced busy friendly environment? Do you want to work part time 2 days a week? If the answer is YES, then this could be the permanent position you have been looking for!
My client has an immediate opportunity to join their business on a part time basis, You will play a vital role within the business, The Treasurer plays a critical role in ensuring effective financial planning and budget management to ensure you fulfil their statutory responsibilties to the public.
Brief Duties Required:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the business, ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practices.
- Ensure appropriate forecasting and monitoring of budgets(total budget is £45m per annum) Monitor and report upon the health of the business, providing details of underspends, potential short, medium and long term impacts on budgets.
- Ensure leadership board is informed of relevant emerging statutory changes.
- Provide financial advice to Elected members at meetings in accrodance with section 112 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988
- Ensure reports submitted
- Provide professional and practical support to the Head of Finance to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities
- Oversee and review financial systems and procedures to ensure financial regulations, audit requirements and the needs of the business are met.
- Relevant financial qualification to degree level or equivalent (CCAB)
- Full professional membership of relevant financial body
- Knowledge and experience of relevant finance legislation and best practice
- Clear understanding of statutory duties under S112 of the Local Government Finance Act 1988
- In-depth knowledge and substantial experience of financial management gained within a treasurer role
- Good report writing skills
- Political Awareness
- Confidence and ability to challenge at the highest level of an organisation any poor practice or financial mismanagement
For a more in-depth job specification please get in touch to discuss further.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a business that is very well established and committed to securing equality of opportunity. You will be rewarded with a generous salary and flexibility of hours, along with company benefits.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or by phone to inform you of the outcome of your application.