My client is looking to recruit a Training School Technician to join their manufacturing company based in Wiltshire. The company manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries.
The company has three sites, one in Bath and two in Devizes and this position will be located within Devizes covering the Automotive and Aerospace divisions.
Reporting into the Training School Leader the main function of the role is to deliver high quality training in CNC Manufacturing, including milling and turning to the apprentices within the business.
Main duties/responsibilities within the role are:
- Delivering training in accordance with industry standards
- Ensuring welfare needs of apprentices are met
- Teaching basic engineering principles to include bench work, milling and turning
- Teaching CNC programming and execution skills in milling and turning
- Ensure all relevant engineering documents are taught and followed, including drawings and specifications
- Time served or partially completed apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 minimum
- Industrial experience in programming and running CNC milling machines and lathes is an essential requirement
- Familiarity with ISO14001 and TS16949 an advantage
- Awareness of legal compliance, in particular regarding young workers, to ensure adherence to Health and Safety procedures
- Methodical, detail-oriented, and highly organised
- Strong interpersonal skills and lead ideas, to motivate and encourage others
The role will involve working a 39 hour working week Monday to Friday on days, although you may be required to work outside core hours on the odd occasion.
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical scheme and generous employer pension contribution.