Skills and Curriculum Lead Trainer
Bristol centre and Community bases
£ 26000 to £ 27000 per year
Full time 37.5 hours per week
CMD Recruitment are supporting a well- respected supported housing association with a vacancy for a skills and curriculum lead trainer.
My client is embarking on a period of change and growth and requires a lead trainer who can lead, empower and encourage the current team to move through this change model successfully and collaboratively to achieve the vision of the organisation.
This role will oversee the AEB and SSU delivery
This role requires a" hands-on " trainer as you will be required to deliver training in the community but also somebody who can support and mentor the team of training professionals already in the organisation.
You will have a strong understanding of the AEB and SSU contracts in terms of the delivery model and payment model as you will be responsible for planning resource to maximise revenue ensuring the courses are delivered to the maximum number of learners
To lead and manage training contracts being delivered from Bristol Head Office centre and Community Venues within Bristol, delivering initially the AEB and SSU contracts, ensuring learners undertake regulated and non-regulated qualifications on their learner journey and gain sustainable employment or education and achieve contractual job outcome targets.
The role holder will manage quality improvement and planning systems so business objectives are met to reflect the needs of the learners, Primes, stakeholders and inspectorates.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and knowledge base:
A teaching qualification - Cert Ed, PGCE or the equivalent
An assessor award would be desirable but not essential
A sound knowledge of the AEB and the SSU contract
Ability to plan curriculum
Budget forecasting and manpower planning to maximise revenue
Demonstrable experience of managing a team
OFSTED and ESFA knowledge
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To supervise, develop and oversee staff working on all contracts.
- To monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and delivery of the curriculum by;
- Observing, target setting, monitoring and reviewing all staff.
- Maintaining and improving the delivery service to meet funding and quality by working closely with Primes, line manager, IQA's and quality and compliance.
- Following Ofsted and ESFA guidelines
- To maintain and grow the curriculum provision by identifying new trends and learner needs identified using data gathered from group forums and learner questionnaires.
- To support staff to identify new groups of learners eligible for the contracts and progress them in a timely manner.
- To work closely with internal/external referral partners and employers.
- To work closely with the Primes ensuring PQR and CPR meetings are attended, and data is captured and reported correctly, and figures are forecast weekly.
- Oversee and ensure quality and compliance is monitored through audits and observations and any training identified is carried out.
- Attend training events.
- Maintain professional, positive behaviour and demonstrate high standards at all times.
- Developing Capability - My client is passionate about learning and proactively seek to transform the capability of the organisation and individuals. The post holder will identify development opportunities; providing constructive feedback and coaching to enable growth through high performing teams.
- Making an Impact - My client makes an immediate positive impression. The post holder will influence effectively with clarity and conviction, demonstrating high levels of integrity. You will need to be confident and communicate in a credible and persuasive manner.
- Adapting to Change - It is vital that you approach change with responsiveness, adaptability and resilience. As an employer my client is flexible and moves with pace without over complicating things. They have created an environment for challenge, change and renewal.
- Customer Focus - My client is committed to working with internal and external customers. They identify, understand and respond to their current and future needs to deliver a high-quality provision and exceed expectations.
- Competitive Edge - As an employer my client has a commercial and financial mindset and proactively identifies and pursues business opportunities. Through lateral and creative strategies, my client adapts, diversifies and operates competitively to maximise shareholder value.
- Achieving Together - They are positive and form professional and trusting relationships to deliver business objectives. They have created an inclusive environment, encouraging collaboration to build effective and engaging partnerships.
If this role sounds of interest, then please forward your CV for a confidential conversation about the role and the organisation