Telephony Installation Engineer
Salary: £19,000 + Company Van.
21 days holiday plus bank holidays and your Birthday off.
Dress Down day on Fridays.
Field Based (Southern Region)
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Are you looking for an opportunity to begin a career within the Telecommunications Industry?
Do you have an interest in learning and developing within a Market Leader within the Industry?
If you are answering Yes, then please read on and apply below.
Our Client is a multi-award winning and leading business to business communications provider of products and services in the telecoms and data industry.
The successful applicant will join as a field-based engineer, dedicated within the multi-skilled team providing a high level of technical expertise and customer service to new and existing customers.
- To demonstrate the ability and motivation to become a technical subject matter expert who can gain the trust and respect of the business and customers.
- Provide hardware and software implementation services for several telephony systems and hosted platforms utilising converged voice and data networks.
- Provide liaison and guidance to customer and 3rd party IT professionals to ensure quality delivery of our solutions.
- Produce detailed technical implementation documentation.
- To have an excellent understanding of VoIP, SIP, RTP, TCP & UDP protocols, Layer 2 and 3 routing, VLAN's and QoS and familiarity with using tools such as Wireshark
- To provide support with NEC, Avaya, Samsung, Panasonic, Splicecom PBX solutions including UC and call centres applications - full training will be provided where necessary
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems - Server & Desktop with demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LAN's & WAN's
- Working knowledge and experience with virtualisation technologies, VMWare and Hyper-V
- Excellent customer service skills, with an ability to liaise with customers in an empathic and technically effective manner via written and oral communication
- Strong analytical, organisational and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious personality to manage a varied workload in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willing to work regular overtime and occasional unsocial hours, including overnight stays
- A full UK driving license is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Telephone Installations Engineer Cabling Engineer to join a growing and well-respected Business within this industry.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.