Special Educational Needs Learner Support ( profound needs )
Term time only
£ 17000 to £ 19400 a year
Temp to perm
Responsible to: SEND Manager
This role is key in providing excellent support to SEND Learners with EHCPs both within the Foundation provision and on the wider college courses. The post holder will work on a one to one basis with a learner with a variety of support needs using tools to promote independence.
You will require a health and social care qualification at level 3 or above for this role.
You will support the learner with personal care as well as well as support with note taking in the classroom
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working within an educational/training/care environment and demonstrate experience of supporting people who have a learning difficulty or disability, including emotional, social or behavioural difficulties
- Work in close liaison with the Inclusion and Foundation Staff to provide effective support to identified Learners to enable them to fully access their learning programme and achieve successful outcomes
- Proactively identify strategies to meet the needs of learners and to promote the use of assistive technology wherever possible to enable independence
- Provide effective support for Learners including (but not limited to) 1:1 support, classroom support, out of class support (such as lunch and breaks) and on visits and study trips
- Adapt and interpret teaching and instructions for learners as appropriate
- Pro-actively contribute to and implement Individual Learning Plans, monitoring achievement against targets including EHCP outcomes
- Provide physical support to students where appropriate, e.g. carrying and organising equipment, supporting learners using wheelchairs, toilet hoists, etc.
- Assist Learners to use the toilet as appropriate and to provide personal care where required
- Follow agreed weekly timetables keeping Outlook calendar up to date
- Contribute to reviews of support as appropriate throughout the year
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons and vulnerable adults in line with College policy
If this is of interest please send your cv for a confidential conversation and full details of the role.