Software Development Manager (C#, .NET, Development)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 pa (DOE)
Location: West Wiltshire
If you are an experienced .Net C# Web Development Manager, who has spent time as a team lead and who wishes to remain hands-on, leading their team by example, then we would like to hear from you!
As a .Net C# Web Development Manager/Team Lead you will be responsible for the Leadership of the internal software development team. The team is relatively small (currently 5) and is a mix of permanent and contract developers.
Lead, guide, and mentor your team, offering technical guidance during day-to-day activities and supporting their career development
- Line management responsibilities including objective setting and monitoring, performance management, team development, and 121s
- Public face of the Development Team. The ability to manage internal business relationships is key
- Provide technical and delivery leadership for all aspects of the software development and should be capable of planning and coordinating software development activities from the start to the finish
- Ensure software development is completed in accordance with industry best practice and AG's software delivery lifecycle
- Anticipate, forecast, and plan the likely balance between demand and supply for software development resources. Ensuring the development team always have the right blend of skills for the delivery of new solutions. Define and manage the pipeline of development work
- Relishes discussing and demonstrating new solutions and the 'art of the possible' to both technical and non-technical audiences including senior management
- Work with other key individuals within the IT Service to ensure the Development Team is fully engaged and working efficiently and effectively with others (e.g. with Strategy & Architecture around technical product roadmaps, design and reusability; Technical Applications around ongoing support; Project & Portfolio Management around resource planning, QA/Test around solution testing)
Key skills desired for the Software Development Manager role:
- Extensive current, hands-on development experience with C#, ASP .NET, VB MVC
- Experience of the technical team lead role; leading, managing and directing other team members
- Significant expertise in the optimized, performant and scalable use of SQL Server in an application environment
- Free parking
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
This genuinely is an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Manager to grow and develop with an extremely impressive business.
If you are a pragmatic and passionate Software Development Manager looking for a new challenge, then please click apply now.