Skills Tutor - Young people
Bournemmouth ( some travel )
Salary £24,000-£26,000 per annum
Working hours 35 hours per week
Full UK driving licence is required
Following the successful award of the Skills Support for Young People (NEET) contract in Dorset, my client , a UK registered charity has a position available to join a dynamic team, based in Bournemouth but with the potential to work across the region. The successful candidate will deliver regulated and non-regulated training to Young People.
My client is committed to providing quality skills and employment services to disadvantaged members of the community through a range of programmes within the Employment Related Services (ERS) sector.
If you enjoy motivating young people and enjpoy being part of their journey to success then you are the kind of peron we are looking for
You will :
- Manage a caseload of learners.
- Deliver regulated and non-regulated training in various vocational areas up to Level 2.
- Deliver functional skills up to Level 2.
- Provide Iformation, Advice and Guidance to learners
- Conduct regular 1:1 review's on each learners journey and progress
- Carry out 1:1 and group training, support and job search activities
It is essential that you have a teaching qualification , either PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent
It is desirable but not essential that :
- You will be vocationally competent to deliver in at least one of the following areas and demonstrate a passion to maintain knowledge on sector development:
- You will need experience of delivering group training, one to one training, IAG and be able to build good relationships with participants to support them into employment, education or further training.
- Experience in writing lessons plans and schemes of work would be an advantage
Additional Role Requirements
- The successful candidate must undergo an Enhanced DBS check
If this role is of interest please frward your CV for a confidential conversation and full job description