Purpose of the role:
To support the Site Lead and the wider finance team in providing financial and administrative support to the business.
The role will be responsible for:
- Processing the monthly payroll and ensure HMRC compliance;
- To ensure compliant with Pension / Auto-enrolment legislation;
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and financial reports;
- Maintaining the sales ledger, to include:
- Producing customer invoices promptly;
- Posting invoices to Sage 200;
- Setting up new customer accounts and maintaining existing accounts;
- Chasing customers on overdue accounts; and
- Reconciling trade receivables control account.
- Processing supplier and expense payments;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales List;
- Managing intercompany relationships;
- Maintaining the cashbook;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations;
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and posting monthly depreciation journals;
- Controlling the weekly collation and input of timesheets; and
- Other month end reconciliations.
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Solid team working skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook; and
- "Can do" attitude.
- Knowledge of Sage 200 accounting systems;
- Knowledge of PAYE legislation;
- Previous payroll processing experience; and
- Previous experience of working within a group company structure.