Senior Environmental Modeller
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Ideally have a degree in Environmental Science, Geography or Civil Engineering. With sound water quality modelling experience, you will have knowledge and appreciation of the physical, chemical and bacteriological processes in urban, rural and coastal catchments and their receiving waters and be able to develop relevant and practicable conceptual models of these processes for complete catchment systems.
You will have proven experience of building and using a range of simulation models to assess contaminant inputs and their impacts on receiving waters. This role will include the use of SIMCAT/SAGIS and other environmental modelling packages primarily for inland waters.
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high level of accuracy and good attention to detail;
- Numeracy skills including basic statistics;
- Competency in the use of Access/Excel, with experience of ArcGIS;
- An understanding of rainfall runoff processes; and,
- An understanding of river chemistry and hydraulics and catchment hydrology.
- Experience of developing more junior staff would be desirable as is the ability to communicate technical work to non-technical people. A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas and possession of a clean driving licence would be an advantage
A wide range of benefits are available including:
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.