Senior Design Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
Full-time and permanent
Are you an experienced Design Engineer? Can you demonstrate a sound understanding of mechanical engineering regarding rotating machinery? Do you have great knowledge of electrical control systems? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client who is a fast-paced design and manufacturing company in Shaftsbury, is seeking an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join their driven team. You will be working with the head of design and will involve interpreting customers' specifications and the applying our engine system into customers' airframes, designing new assemblies and components as required.
- Managing own workload to achieve the company and department targets.
- Developing new applications for our engine systems maintaining performance and safety against the customer's specification.
- Carrying out modifications and the associated documentation as required.
- Creating 3D models and the associated 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Developing new components/engines as required ensuring that they are fit for purpose and achieve the specification.
- Ad hoc involvement working with 3rd parties to provide them with the necessary technical and engineering data to enable them to Approve and/or Certify the engine as an assembly or part of an aircraft.
- You will be an expert in FEA and stress/fatigue analysis in general.
- You will have a good understanding of materials.
- You will be familiar with CFD and aerospace working practices and certification.
- You are likely to have some experience of electrical systems, software and firmware.
- You will have experience using SolidWorks or equivalent CAD system, EPDM and MRP systems.
The successful candidate will have the vision and drive necessary to take responsibility for their own workload and manage one or two other team members as required, ensuring that you, and they achieve the quality, timescales and budget required of them.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today!