We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced buyer for our client's gifts range It is an exciting time to join the business as they go through their next phase of growth.
- Preparation for range reviews, including understanding analysis and trends, and sourcing new products.
- Source supply partner(s) and work closely with internal departments to set up logistic arrangements for the range.
- Ensure Buying Sheets are set up and completed ready for handover in line with the critical path
- Be aware of competitor activity and market trends
- Ensure sell prices are competitive and margins are in line with company targets
- Develop relationships with and visit key suppliers
- Work closely with the merchandising team to ensure good stock availability
- Work closely with the web marketing team to ensure products are merchandised effectively and accurately online
- Arrange and plan photoshoots for gift ranges
- Line manager to Buying Assistant
What you need to be successful
- Experience in a similar buying role, mail order / e-commerce
- Ability to take direction as well as use initiative, see things through to completion
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Strong numerate and analytical skills
- A quick thinker with the ability to react and able to think ahead
- Intermediate excel skills
- Be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a critical path
- Commercially aware and proactive
- High level of professional integrity and strong sense of responsibility