My client is looking to recruit a Quality Manager for their Automotive division based in Devizes.
The company manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries. The company also provides design assistance, based on a wide and long-term experience in the field.
The company has three sites, one in Bath and two in Devizes and the Automotive division is a high-volume manufacturing environment, supplying products to manufacturers worldwide. Unique methods used in manufacture enable efficient production technique of parts for very high demand applications. The site holds IATF TS16949 accreditation.
The role will involve leading a small team of Quality Assurance personnel supporting the site and the role will report directly into the Site Directors. The role requires a good all-round understanding of automotive quality systems (TS16949), and a supportive approach to quality management.
The successful applicant will have the primary QA role in our high-volume site, with responsibility for improving the QA function, and supporting the management and production teams to maintain a constructive and well-disciplined approach to meeting customer needs.
- Educated to HNC Level or above
- Quality management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably Automotive
- Auditor qualification / experience - internal/supplier/external/product/process to automotive standards
- Experience with core QA tools (e.g. MSA, FMEA, SPC, APQP, PPAP)
- Computer literacy essential - data manipulation, analysis & presentation
- Good familiarity and skills with Microsoft Office applications
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, generous pension scheme and company health scheme.