My client is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer to join their manufacturing based in Wiltshire due to an internal promotion within the business. The company manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries.
The company has three sites, one in Bath and two in Devizes and this position sits within the company's Automotive division which is a high-volume manufacturing environment, supplying products to manufacturers worldwide.
Unique methods used in manufacture enable efficient production technique of parts for very high demand applications. The site holds IATF TS16949 accreditation.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be a key point of contact for quality related activities working in a small team alongside Quality Technicians.
The main function of the role will be focussing on driving all quality related issues to satisfactory and timely resolution. Alongside this the Quality Engineer will play an active role in developing supplier relationships, so some travel will be required within the role.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years relevant Quality Engineering experience within an Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing environment and have the following skills:
- A sound working knowledge of quality core tools such as application of Best Practice, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Problem solving, Six Sigma / Lean principles etc.
- Interpretation of Technical drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of standards IATF16949, ISO9001, AS9100, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Lead Internal Auditing experience preferred.
- Competent in PC applications and Technical Report writing.
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, subsidised canteen, private medical scheme and10% employer pension contribution.