Do you have a strong backgroud in Purchasing within an Engineering background. Do you enjoy working within a fast paced and busy team? If this answer is YES, then this could be the permanent position you have been looking for!
My client is currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Officer to join their growing team. You will be playing a vital role within the department, Responsible for sourcing and the placing of all Purchase Orders.
- Liasing with Engineering and Quality to generate the necessary purchasing data.
- Review the material procurement report MRP and raise the necessary Purchase Order to anticipate and maintain both minimum both minimum stock levels and projected demand.
- Montitor and Expedite supplier delivery performance as necessary
- Maintain the outstanding purchase order file by closing off any short/over deliveries
- Provide general assistance to the administration team by answering the phone, meeting and greeting visitors and generally assisting collegues and Managers as required.
- Proactive devlelopment of the purchasing control systems, the generation of reports, graphs etc.
- Supplier evaluation and adhoc supplier visits.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Computer Literate
- Knowledge of working with MRP Systems
- Previous Purchasing Administration experience
Hours of Work 8.30- 4.30pm Monday to Friday
Due to the clients location having your own transport would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who would like to work for a very well established company. The company offer some great employee benefits too.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.