£18,000 - £20,000
39 hours per week
Are you a confident communicator with strong IT and Excel skills? Can you demonstrate a background in purchasing or buying? Are you a team player who is accurate and able to multi-task? If so, we want to hear from you!
My client who is the UK's largest manufacturer of brush ware and hygienic cleaning tools, is seeking an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join their friendly and diverse team. You will be working within a busy department, controlling purchase orders and supply chain for all direct material orders.
- Handle any import process including liaising with freight forward services
- Use ERP to order purchased products daily
- Liaise with finance to resolve any invoice queries
- Identify areas for continuous improvement of internal processes in order to increase efficiency and cost savings
- Investigate and complete short- shipped Purchase Orders
- Self-motivated and a confident communicator
- Previous experience in a Purchasing, Buyer or Supply role is desirable
- Strong Maths and English skills
- Previous experience of using ERP/MRP systems
- CIPS qualification or studying towards is desirable
- Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
The successful candidate will be a quick learner, as well as being process driven. You will have great attention to detail and ideally have previous Purchasing or Buyer.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.