Progressions and Employment Advisor
Full time hours 35 hours per week
£ 22000 to £ 24000 a year
CMD Recruitment is working with a UK registered Charity committed to providing quality skills and employment services to disadvantaged members of the community through a range of programs within the Employment Related Services (ERS) sector.
Following the successful award of the Skills Support for the Unemployed contract, my client has a position available to join a dynamic team, working across the whole of the Region. We are looking for a Employment and Progressions Consultant to join the team to work with individuals to secure progression routes into education, training or employment. Working alongside the Recruitment Consultant to match, market and prepare individuals for identified opportunities; ensuring customer and employer needs are met.
The main duties of the role will be
- Carrying out inductions and starting customers onto the programme. Targeted to a set number of starts each month
- Managing a caseload of customers ensuring caseload is referred to tutors for regulated courses
- Carrying out a set number of hours of non regulated training and reviews on a 1:1 and group basis every month
You will be targeted to identify suitable progression routes including education, training and employment and achieve a set number of progressions on a monthly basis so this role will suit somebody who is use to a fast paced sales orientated role
- Maintain effective and positive relationships with learners through regular contact
- Provide Information, Advice and Guidance to learners
- Conduct regular 1:1 reviews on each learners journey and progress
- Carry out 1:1 and group training, support and job search activities
- Develop SMART action plans
- Carry out inductions for new learners
Skills and Personal Attributes required
- Previous experience in achieving and exceeding targets.
- Flexibility and a "can do" attitude.
- Experience with data entry, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good IT skills using the full range of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to manage own workload and understand processes and controls.
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to Identify and source employers creating opportunities to enrol employees onto appropriate courses.
· Knowledge and/or experience of Welfare to Work or the Training sector would be a distinct advantage.
· Able to work well under pressure, on own initiative and constantly seek to improve.
Please submit your cv for a confidential conversation