Salary: Up to £40,000
39 hours per week
28 days holiday (inclusive bank holidays) rising to a total of 33 days over 5 years
Cycle to work scheme
Fully subsidised canteen (free)
4 x life assurance
Our Client is a Global Market Leader within the Electrical Manufacture Industry and have requested the support to recruit a Process Engineer.
Summary of role:
The Process Engineer will be working as part of an experienced engineer team directly involved in manufacturing activities to improve plant efficiency.
Manufacturing efficiency is key in order to insure to our customer a finished product at the best level of quality, at the right cost and built in safe work place.
The Engineer will look after different projects based on new process introduction, process analysis, recording, tracking with non-conformance plan follow-up.
You will be using manufacturing tools using LEAN philosophy and FMEA to support and justify his tasks making sure they reach target on time.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing project management from scope, budget, specification definition until the qualification plan and final handover to Production.
- Process analysis, improving process flow and value stream maps of production areas.
- Lead the optimisation and refinement of processes via Lean methodologies (5 WHYs, Ishikawa, QRQC etc.).
- Lead DFMEAs/PFMEAs and document process risk assessments.
- Qualification plan definition (design review / FAT / SAT) and follow up of non-conformances.
- Support New Product Introduction.
- Develop plans for new process plant and process improvement, carrying out process calculations and production flow sheets, using and integrating data analysis, data collection.
- Control of costs and the delivery of capital projects.
- Specification, selection and purchasing of plant equipment.
- Daily production support.
- Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5 years in Production Engineering or Process Engineering environment.
- Strong process analysis, process mapping, process efficiency analysis, process capability, Lean methodology (six sigma yellow belt minimum).
- NPI experience.
- Supplier management.
- Cost control.
- Good knowledges of Health & Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage and deliver projects from start to finish.
Key performance criteria.
Process engineer to deliver projects on schedule, to budget and ensuring a safe working environment.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01225 800378 and email