Senior Parts Purchasing Controller
£25,000 - £28,000
Permanent, Full Time
37.5 per week
Are you an experienced Purchasing Controller? Can you show experience in supply chain management and have the ability to negotiate with suppliers? Do you have excellent communication skills and a 'can do' attitude? If so, we want to hear from you!
My client offers a comprehensive range of commercial vehicles, buses, coaches and industrial engines. They are looking for a Senior Parts Purchasing Controller to join their ever-growing team. You will be working within the Parts department based in the Swindon office and will be reporting to the UK Parts Retail Strategy Manager. You will support and ensure the availability of locally sourced parts as well as manage supplier contacts.
- Actively support and control the day to day running of the purchasing team duties
- Support ongoing purchasing strategies
- Support the process of setting effective and realistic contracts, agreements, KPI's and SLA's
- Maintain and build relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Accurately maintain all supplier cost data
- Create new marketing and promotions within the UK
- Manage and improve accessories portfolio
- Comply with good health and safety practice, all statutory requirements, company policies, and standard procedures
- Support the pricing and marketing team functions and administration
The successful candidate will have truck / vehicle industry and technical or parts knowledge. You will also have experience in supply chain management, sales and marketing. You will be fluent in English, German is desirable. Knowledge of excel, PowerPoint and SAP are also desirable.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage problems
- Willingness to take responsibility or issues relating to the parts department
- Adept in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.