Part Time Anti-Social Behaviour Specialist (30 hours per week)
£17.00 per hour + holiday
Temporary Assignment for 4 Months
Do you have experience of managing Anti-Social Behaviour caseloads? Are you immediately available and seeking a part time opportunity in Bath? Well if so, then get in touch with CMD today!
My client is currently seeking an experienced part time Anti-Social Behaviour Specialist to join their dynamic and hardworking team in Bath. You will be delivering outstanding Tenancy Compliance service in relation to tenancy breaches, Anti-Social Behaviour, Domestic Abuse, Hate Crime, Safeguarding Adults at Risk, Child Protection and tenancy fraud.
- Undertake preventative, pre-tenancy work to assist with the profiling, assessment and planning around potential risk to tenancies
- Put appropriate safeguards in place
- Take account of shared priorities with other agencies, such as criminal casework with the police and child protection proceedings
- Keep victim witnesses and partners informed with the progress of their case
- Give support to victims and witnesses
- Prepare for and present cases for starter tenancy panel hearings and at court
- Work Out of Hour in cases and where necessary attend court, meet victims and witnesses and gather evidence
- Engaging with partner agencies and Local Authorities
- Work closely with other departments
- Previous experience within a similar position is essential
- Experience of managing an anti-social behaviour case loads achieving successful outcomes
- Experience of preparing case/information and presenting evidence
- Recognised Housing qualification
- Excellent communication skills and be confident communicating with diverse audiences
- Must have a methodical and organised approach
- Capable of working under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Clean driving licence
Hours of work will be 30 hours per week with days of your choosing - working from home is available, however you will be required to be in the office or to attend court on occasion.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application.