Part Time Accounts Assistant
c.£9.50 per hour
24 Hours per Week
Have you gained proven experience within Accounts?
Interested in a part time opportunity?
Do you have your own transport?
If you have answered "yes" to all the above, then please read on!
Our client is a small but established business located in Westbury. Due to their location, you will definitely need to have your own transport.
They now have an opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their small and very friendly team, working 24 hours per week. The Accounts duties will mainly be based within Purchase Ledger and Credit Control and you MUST have good previous experience within these areas.
However, our client is also looking for the successful individual to be confident enough to cover some Customer Service duties on occasion. Training will be given!
Duties will include;-
* Reconciling monthly supplier statements and invoices against purchase orders.
* Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within Purchase Ledger.
* Inputting supplier purchase orders.
* Inputting bills and ensuring timely payments.
* Updating financial system to reflect regular monthly expenses.
* Maintaining an up to date procedure manual for purchase ledger/credit control
* Credit checking new and existing customers.
* Setting up, monitoring and removal of credit accounts.
* Chasing overdue invoices and maintaining accurate log of communications with customers.
* Reconciling remittance advice notes with payments made into bank accounts.
* Raising and processing credits.
* You MUST have previous Accounts / Bookkeeping experience.
* Must have own transport.
* Willing to learn new duties within Customer Services.
* Very good IT skills including Word and Excel.
* Excellent communication skills with a confident phone manner.
* Self motivated with good time management and organisational skills.
* Proficient working with numbers.