Multi Skilled Engineer
Salary: Up to £22,030
Tidworth and Bulford
Permanent working 37.5 hours per week.
Free on-site parking
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
Access to an employee assistance scheme
Company pension scheme
Use of company Gym (for a very small fee)
Key Purpose of the Role:
To undertake New, Reactive or PPM tasking as part of a highly skilled maintenance support function within our Client. Duties will include, amongst others Fire door inspections and basic routine maintenance duties.
- Ensure that all areas of areas of personal responsibility adopt and utilise our client policies and procedures
- Not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety or protection of the environment
- Reporting of all Health and Safety defects, near misses, dangerous occurrences and spillages to the office.
- Take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of themselves, employees, customers or members of the public is not affected by their activities.
- General maintenance of facilities.
- Fire Door Inspections and general maintenance.
- Assist workforce including bricklayers, carpenters, painters, electricians and other building trade artisans in executing reactive remedial repairs and general building works as directed by their Supervisor. To include safe operation of mechanical height access equipment
- Act as accompanying safety person for double handed works when so tasked.
- Attend and resolve any reactive tasking as directed by the Resource Allocator, the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
- To be able to work generally unsupervised and effectively manage daily workload
- Ensure acceptable standards of productivity and workmanship are maintained in the execution of work.
- Ensuring the recording of all maintenance works when completed are posted through the appropriate, equipment, systems and documentation as required by the Company Management System.
- Where appropriate supervise and direct subcontractors in the delivery of Reactive and PPM tasking.
- Able to carry out functions in an organised and logical manner with a flexible 'can do' approach.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an efficient and effective service to the client, customer and stakeholders.
- Carry out such duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by the Line Manager or other Senior Managers.
- A Full valid UK driving licence
- C&G 6217 - Multi-skills course or equivalent.
- Diverse experience with in the BC & E field.
- Industrial, Commercial, Domestic building services experience.
- Must have or be eligible to have MOD Security clearance.
- H&S Training.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven experience of working as a Multi-trade Engineer.
- An understanding of safe systems of work.
- An understanding and working knowledge of other disciplines within a multi task delivery service.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain MOD security clearance.
- Proven experience of working in a maintenance environment
- Working knowledge of a MOD or military environment
- Roofing or Glazing experience
- Welding and fabrication experience
- IT literate (inc PDA)
- Proven experience on the using of hand-held PDA equipment
- Operates effectively as a competent person.
- Understands the needs and implications of RAMS.
- Understands the requirement of Safe Systems of work.
- Ability to work on their own proficiency and carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Ability to set out jobs from drawings and specification and requisition the necessary installation materials.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and if required, supervise other operatives.
- Can demonstrate a customer focused, proactive 'can do' attitude, flexible approach to working and can work as part of a team.
- Problem solving & decision making.
- Self-disciplined and able to use own initiative.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to act in a professional manner, with absolute discretion.