CMD are working in partnership with a leading innovator in design and technology for Land, Aerospace, Marine and Military sectors. We are seeking an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and genuinely innovative engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and support of unique bespoke solutions to a range of demanding highly regulated industries.
Complementing the design department, you will be joining the R&D team designing and developing new bespoke product ranges based at their facility based in Warminster.
- Designing, developing and supporting mechanical engineering aspects of company products
- Supporting and directing the production team, to include iterative design review
- Production of support documentation to include assembly drawings and build files
- Concept capture and product specification from client meetings and review process
- Deliver engineering designs, taking method of manufacturing into account
- Support projects, taking a lead when necessary
- Research and investigate technologies and processes to ensure that the Company remains aware of latest developments
- Ensure that development work is reported and stored in the Technical Library
- Experience of CAD design - 3D Modelling (Solidworks Advantageous)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience in a relevant engineering design discipline
- Able to communicate technical skills and plan and control own/other works
- Practical and logical approach to work and problem solving
- Able to write test schedules and reports
- Self-motivated and approachable, working with customers etc
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office
- Team player, flexible, pro-active and motivated with good written and oral communication skills
- An in Interest in military vehicles (land, air or sea) advantageous
This is a truly exciting time to join our client, as they embark on their next chapter of growth due to their already successful business.