Job Title - Mechanical Design Engineer
Location - Devizes, Wiltshire
You will be joining a market leader within there industry, who supply products to the aerospace, power transmission, utilities and telecoms sectors to name a few. Their products are innovative in their design and manufactured to the highest quality.
They have locations throughout the world and due to growth within the business they are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis based in Devizes.
This is a newly created position and the role will sit within the NPD function for the business and provides Product Support for the full lifecycle of the product.
The main duties of the role will be:
- Development of creative solutions to NPD projects, production of CAD models, drawings and product related documentation supporting multiple discipline product and project requirements.
- Test and validate product designs to ensure consistent performance and quality.
- Lead projects undertaken by project teams to ensure that technical requirements are met within agreed deadlines.
- Support the handover of new products to operations
The skills/experience required for this role are:
- Educated to degree level
- Industrial experience in a similar NPD environment
- Knowledge of testing and product approval processes
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits with the role and will also support individuals looking to chartered engineer status or additional qualifications.
Please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.