My client manufacture specialist components for the Aerospace, Automotive and Power Generation markets and exports those products to companies all around the world.
They have three manufacturing sites in the South West, and due to a retirement within the business they are now looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Automotive division.
Working in a small integrated team the successful candidate will be engaged in the entire lifecycle of the project, from initial concept through design, validation, trials, release into production and sustaining requiring the individual to have a strong technical understanding and the tenacity to drive technical solutions to completion.
- Hands on experience and expertise in technical design essential
- Experience within automotive industry is advantageous
- Good understanding of PLC and automation
- Competent in the use of SolidWorks CAD, or similar.
- Excellent understanding of Mechanical Sciences
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and IATF16949
- Knowledge of CE marking would be beneficial
- Competent in all of the Microsoft packages
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading company offering a long term, stable role with a great benefits package.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.