An excellent opportunity for a dynamic supply chain professional to join a busy organisation as a Material Planner. The Planner will be responsible for managing the effective planning of all materials required for production for the site.
My client is a global engineering business, and within the role you will be responsible for all supply chain/procurement activities within a designated product group. Developing and maintaining good supplier relationships. Other responsibilities include supporting strategic, cross-functional supply chain initiatives
- Responsibility for all procurement activities across a range of products within my clients products portfolio, focusing on quality, cost and all aspects of supply.
- Understanding previous selling patterns and forecasted forward demand utilizing report systems to ensure stock levels are in line with sales forecasts and maintain minimum stock levels.
- Constantly review and adjust stock levels to suit demand
- To ensure that all third-party expenditure is placed according to company policy Manage the expectations of Sales, Operations and customers to ensure delivery dates are met and daily administration is completed.
- Identify potential new supply routes in conjunction with Quality Dept.
- Put processes in place to monitor implementation of commercial arrangements with suppliers.
Skills / Experience Required
- Previous experience in material control/planning
- Previous experience of using an MRP system to manage inventory levels and product demands whilst controlling the master data to achieve optimum results
- SAP experience (desirable)
- Basic understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and drawings (desirable)
In return my client is offering a competitive salary package and benefits with the role.
This role would be suitable for you if you have held any of the following roles; Material Planner, Material Controller, Inventory Planner. Inventory Controller, Inventory Analyst, Supply Chain Planner, Supply Planner