My client is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Development Scientist to support their manufacturing operation based in Wiltshire.
They provide technically solutions for engineering clients throughout the world, and within the role of Manufacturing Development Scientist you will work with the technical team to develop manufacturing processes, SOPs and process transfer into good manufacturing practice manufacture.
The main duties within the role:
- Facilitate delivery of manufacturing development projects by managing the planning, execution and analysis of results. This will include optimizing key processes such as; plating exotic materials, welding, machining and forming.
- QC criteria establishment, running functional assays and designing experiments.
- Process Optimization (Quality, Cost, Process Efficiency).
- Coach and mentor members of operations team by providing both practical and intellectual support.
- Work closely with the Quality team to establish, monitor and report key performance indicators.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on Quality Issues.
- Analyzing microstructural characterization of metallic materials.
- Assist in product benchmarking and support the Product Manager to meet product launch timeframes.
- Promote a proactive, continual improvement culture and systems to maintain high standards of service and good practice.
- Follow market analysis and produce factual reports and recommendations for product development.
- Degree or similar tertiary education qualification in Metallurgy / Materials / Engineering (or related field).
- 1+ years' experience in a relevant role preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Be process oriented and demonstrate experience in working to SOP's
- Be a motivated scientist demonstrating the highest scientific rigor, operational skill and work standards
- Be a team player - prioritize team goals.
- Go above and beyond to achieve favorable company results.
- To be computer literate including experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
In return my client offers a competitive salary and benefits including: 25 days holiday plus B/H, 6% pension and Life assurance.