Due to business growth, my client is looking to recruit a Management Accountant to assist in the preparation of the monthly group management accounts and provide general support for the senior finance and commercial teams.
- Prepare, review, present and analyse periodic financial statements, including profit and loss and balance sheet accounts, cash flow statements, budgets, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Oversee the preparation of an annual budget and assist the Financial Controller in building a five-year plan encompassing balance sheet and cash flow together with performance forecasts as required.
- Contribute strongly in the preparation of annual statutory accounts and supporting notes for audit, providing all supplementary analysis and documentation on request.
- Formulate, implement and maintain internal controls.
What you Bring to the Team
- Ability to organise & prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures
- Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.
- Can work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Ability to identify key risk areas across the Group finance function.
- Have a recognised professional accountancy qualification or working towards.
- Professionally qualified or studying for a professional accounting qualification with a sound technical knowledge and management accounting experience.
- Demonstrable commercial and business awareness.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and investigative nature.
- Robust analytical and data manipulation skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to build strong working relationships.