Mechanical Maintenance Technician
£26,000 - £30,000
Do you have previous experience working within a building's maintenance environment? Do you have the ability to carry out building repairs to a high standard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client based in Melksham/Chippenham is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their busy team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for delivering building maintenance and repairs across multiple sites ensuring buildings are maintained at a high standard and provide a safe and secure environment.
- Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services and ensure that operational standards are maintained at all times including fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment.
- Ensure compliance is in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements.
- Plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
- Assess problems to determine the best course of action which will include complex technical issues.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all time.
- Maintain site log books ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Record and report any risk, loss, or defect as appropriate and seek authority to act.
- Complete suitable risk assessments ensuring relevant permit or work plan are in place.
- Provide practical training to staff and contractors.
- Participate in an emergency call out service every 1 in 9 weeks.
- Full UK Driving License.
- NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- BTEC City & Guilds plus relevant experience and training.
- Able to maintain building systems including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning within public buildings in line with safety/technical guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety and environment standards.
- Competent in manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, legionella & asbestos awareness.
- Strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in working within a buildings maintenance environment and be equipped with the necessary tools, whilst using a flexible approach. You will have the ability to problem solve, work from own initiative and manage time effectively whilst using a flexible approach.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.