£19,000 - £21,000
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have previous experience in a building trade or maintenance? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client based in Melksham is looking for a confident Maintenance Assistant to support their busy team on a permanent basis. You will deliver planned building services maintenance and repairs across premises to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Ensure compliance is in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements.
- Carry out and complete basic/routine maintenance activities ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times. This will include plumbing, drainage, joinery, and general decoration repairs.
- Maintain effective site log books and ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions.
- Record and report any risk, loss or defect as appropriate for corrective action to be taken.
- Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety, COSHH and environment standards.
- Competent in manual handling, working at height, confined spaces, legionella & asbestos awareness.
- Previous experience of building services maintenance and repairs and minor installation projects.
- Basic building skills in plastering/painting/decorating and/or plumbing.
- Strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in building trade or maintenance working within a team and independently. You will have the ability to manage your own time and prioritise workload whilst using your own initiative. Whilst working in controlled environments you will be able to recognise risks and deal with this in a professional manner.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.