Lecturer in Teacher Training
Bath and Radstock regions
£ 23500 to £32600 ( dependent on level of experience)
Full time hours 37 hours per week
Fantastic benefits package includes :
- Generous holiday entitlement of between 30 and 40 days, exclusive of closure days and public holidays.
- Contributory salary pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers' Pension Scheme)
- Continuing Professional Development for all staff
- Child care voucher scheme
- Refer a friend and earn a reward
- Rewarding You - a fantastic employee benefits programme exclusively available for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme - Staff have access to this programme run by the Royal United Hospital. It is a free and strictly confidential short term counselling and support service (up to four meetings after an initial assessment session with a qualified counsellor)
- VDU Eye Care Tests - a voucher for a yearly eyesight test for those who are having eyesight issues when working at the computer
- Progressive family friendly policies (exceeding statutory requirements) that supports a health work/life balance, all staff are entitled to request flexible working.
My client is an inclusive education and training community, providing learning for people with a wide range of abilities from a far reaching area. From entry level to degree programmes, my client is committed to meeting the needs of all students. They are a key institution in the City of Bath and partnership working is fundamental to their approach.
It is their aim to improve the employability of all of their students and work closely with their partners in industry to ensure this can be achieved.
Their ethos is one of mutual trust, respect and teamwork where you are free to air ideas and voice opinions. They aim to maintain an intellectual, dynamic and stimulating environment.
The role of lecturer in teacher training is a full time and permanent post and will be based across both the Bath and Radstock Campuses and there will be a requirement to travel between the two to work with students.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working as a lecturer in an HE or FE setting, degree educated with a teaching qualification - either a PGCE or Cert Ed and approximately 5 years experience in a similar role.
You will need to have demonstrable experience and evidence of teaching FE and HE courses and evidence of responsibility of tutor groups.
You will have knowledge of issues, trends and initiatives within the education sector.
If you are a teacher /lecturer seeking a new and exciting role and would like to teach like minded professionals to become teachers themselves and you want to work in an inclusive and forward thinking educational establishment , then please do send in your CV for consideration and a confidential conversation
Interviews will be held in December 2020 - post to begin first week January 2021