My client is looking to recruit a Lead Quality Engineer for their manufacturing site based in Calne.
They manufacture engineered products from various metals, supplied to major industries including Electronics, Aerospace and Defence, Medical, and Industrial, delivering product solutions to OEMs, end-users and aftermarket manufacturers.
The role will report directly into the Plant Director, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the Quality Assurance systems and procedures are managed and maintained to required standards, internally and externally. To assure external expectations for the quality of delivered components are consistently achieved.
The main duties will be:
- Create and refine process definition and control systems to ensure consistent production of components which are in compliance with defined requirements.
- Gather, analyse and publish data on manufacturing processes
- Plan and conduct internal audits
- Manage continuous improvement projects
- Investigate, resolve and report on root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality failures
- Maintain and improve the site SPC system
- Provide training to other employees
- Ensure 5S and TPM standards are maintained within your area of responsibility
The successful candidate will be an experienced Quality Engineer looking to step up into a Lead Engineer role.
The minimum skills/experience requirements for the role are:
- Degree or similar tertiary education qualification in a technical discipline.
- 3 years quality assurance work in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of managing ISO accreditations especially 9001:2008
- 3 years experience in managing SPC procedures.
- To be computer literate including experience with using Microsoft Office applications.