My client is looking to recruit a Lead Engineer to join their manufacturing company based in Wiltshire. The company manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries supplying a worldwide customer base.
The company has three sites within the South West of England, one in Bath and two in Devizes and this position will be located within the Automotive division based in Devizes.
Within the role of Lead Engineer, you head up a designated Project Team ensuring success of all projects allocated by the Business Improvement Manger. This will involve working with a small sub-team of allocated Engineers and Technicians form inside the business. Within the allocated project team, you will have members from other areas of the business including BI, Quality and Production.
The role will involve working with Lead Engineers from other Project Teams, you will be collectively and individually responsible for adherence to engineering disciplines, such as CAD system disciplines, data storage, project implementation processes, engineering control, legal compliance, health and safety requirements and all engineering data in accordance with internal procedures.
The main duties/responsibilities within the role of Lead Engineer will be:
- Engineering lead for Team projects
- Preparation of scope and design specifications within agreed budget
- Enforce correct working practices within the team, such as drawing standards and control, following technical specification and HSE requirements
- Focus the team to meet delivery, performance and improvement targets for each project
- Work with Quality team, production and support functions on test requirements for new equipment (e.g. pre-production runs, MSA's etc)
- Keep stakeholders regularly updated on project progress
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Ideally engineering Degree qualified, and/or equivalent experience in design with appropriate process and equipment knowledge
- CE product marking experience
- Knowledge and use of Solidworks CAD system and associated tools
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical scheme and generous employer pension contribution.