Salary: Up to £18,384
Tidworth and Bulford
Permanent working 37.5 hours per week.
Free on-site parking
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
Access to an employee assistance scheme
Company pension scheme
Use of company Gym (for a very small fee)
Key Purpose of the Role:
To provide general labouring support including gutter cleaning as part of a skilled labour support function within our Client.
- To aid in the delivery of the pan garrison gutter cleaning service using specialised equipment
- Carry out general maintenance tasks around the garrison, such as patio cleaning
- General cleaning within our client grounds, including but not limited to :
- Clearing of general rubbish and waste
- Emptying of litter bins and litter picking
- Collection and movement of recycling waste
- Assist workforce in executing remedial repairs and general building works as directed by their Supervisor. To include safe operation of mechanical height access equipment
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislation and observe all applicable Aspire policies and procedures in the discharge of his/her duties
- To undertake and manage work in a safe manner in accordance with legislation and the company "Safety First" value.
- Ensure the adoption of safe working practices at all times during the maintenance and repair of the estate.
- Undertake any Mandatory training as required
- Actively promote the "Safety First Always" policy and report all bad practices or incidents spotted to the Help Desk.
- Manual handling of furniture, equipment and stores (heavy lifting required)
- Carry out such duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by the Supervisor or other management
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Able to demonstrate following and working to health and safety procedures
- A relevant Manual handling qualification
- Cat C, C1 Licence.
- Forklift Licence
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven track record of following health and safety procedures and working within a safe system of work.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, pay attention to detail and work proactively and independently.
- Good organisational skills, self-disciplined and able to use initiative.
- Previous experience of working in a military environment.
- Manual Handling training.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to undertake manual handling
- A proactive "can do" attitude and a good level of fitness
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, pay attention to detail and work proactively and independently
- Works effectively with others and maintains constructive relationships within the team, across the business and externally
- Commits to putting customers first and delivers high quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- The commitment to Safety First - Always and the drive for continual improvement in this area.
- Confident with working at height