Waste Collection LGV Drivers
Salary: £12.21 per hour
Our client is looking to recruit Class 2 LGV Drivers on a temporary basis, to join their waste collection team based in Lower Compton.
Reporting to the Kerbside Recycling Manager, the main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive the Recycling Vehicles for the collection of recycled domestic waste
- Responsible for the associated vehicle safety checks, operation and crew
- Working on a two-week round rotation, ensuring all kerbside collections are made in line with the companies SLA's
- To assist loaders in the removal of waste or recyclate, where and when appropriate
- Dealing with customers and the public at large
- Full PPE, training and a health and safety induction will be provided
The successful candidate will ideally have a clean Class 2 licence, relevant experience, be a conscientious hard-working team player with good communication and basic administration skills.
Candidates must be physically fit to carry out manual handling activities. Experience within waste transport or recycling operations would be a distinct advantage, and a driving assessment forms part of the recruitment process.
Basic hours are calculated upon a 38.25-hour week as follows:
Monday to Thursday 06:15 to 15:00
Friday 06:15 to 14:30
There will also be a requirement to work some Bank Holidays and up to 8 Saturdays per year, but prior notice will be given.
CMD Recruitment Limited is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community