Product Area: Array of clothing/textiles, tools & fertiliser to vases and furniture.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and interpretation reports and creating range plans for the above hardware categories.
- Understanding and following the company critical path.
- Preparation for range reviews and sign off meetings for the hardware range, under guidance from the Category Manager.
- Be responsible for range reviews, product sourcing and product development under the guidance of the Category Manager, ensuring they fit within brand guidelines.
- Completion of Buying Sheets, checking quotes and product specification details are maintained correctly.
- Keeping records of trials, requesting samples, tracking progress and recording trial results.
- Assist with compiling information for web content, including researching product attributes.
- Work on catalogue layouts with the Category Manager prior to sign off by directors.
- Assist with any product issues / queries and communicate problems to suppliers along with a solution for the customer.
- Attend trade shows and supplier visits when required.
- Review online navigation and proposed improvements where required
- Organise samples ready for review and photography shoot.
- Assist in photography shoot set-up.
What you need to be successful
- Experience in a similar buying role or be ready to step up to the next level
- Be highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to a critical path
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of professional integrity and strong sense of responsibility