Due to a new system implementation, my client is looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer to support the business until the end of 2019, this will then be reviewed with a view on being extended.
They are looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer to support their UK IT infrastructure and first-line resolution of all issues related to Information Technology and second level Hardware, Software, Servers and Network equipment.
The main function of the role is to coordinate and collaborate with the business on day-to-day activities that improve first call / ticketing resolution, build strong internal relationships and exceed response time to our customers. In collaboration with the IT Manager, ensure work activities associated to projects are satisfactorily completed and in line with established metrics to fulfill internal and field-based customer requirements.
Ensure systems, tools, applications and connectivity solutions are effectively rolled out and maintained within IT protocols and procedures for consistency and increased productivity. Support project-based IT systems and functionality upgrades / transitions to new architecture and platform efficiencies where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 years of IT proven experience
- 2 years Help Desk or PC support experience
- Recognised competency in areas of PC Hardware, Software and interaction with applications. In depth knowledge of Operating Systems and software deployment tools and methods.
- Desktop Operating Systems: 7 and 10
- Server Operating Systems: 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016
- Active Directory / Domain Environment
- Virtualised Environments (VMWare ESX)
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft System Centre
In return my client offers a competitive contract rate and the position will involve working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday 08.30 am to 5pm.