My client is looking to recruit an IT Manager to join their manufacturing company based in the South West. The company manufacture precision parts, primarily serving the automotive, aerospace and power generation industries.
The company has three sites, one in Somerset and two in Wiltshire, and this position will involve working across all three sites as and when required. The main function will be the management and leadership of the IT Team, ensuring that the company's IT systems are available, secure and support the business operational needs and objectives.
Within the role of IT Manager, you will report directly into the Head of IT, will work in partnership with the business and as part of the IT function and the main duties/responsibilities will be:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of IT department staff, giving guidance and coaching where required.
- Support complex and difficult IT Projects cross-functionally.
- Contribute to, and support the development of, new and revised IT policies, strategies and initiatives, including the Cyber Security Strategy.
- Manage and participate in end-user IT support.
- IT Infrastructure (Servers, Storage & Networking) & communication systems
- Desktop environment including equipment.
- Software Applications, including shopfloor-based systems but excluding ERP (Dynamics)
- Development and testing of Disaster Recovery plans.
- Identify opportunities for end users/managers and IT team training.
- Own the IT expenditure, demonstrating control and monitoring. Support other members of the team to understand the budget.
- Manage relationships with relevant 3rd party vendors.
- Deliver upgrades and new application implementations, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate continual professional development to enable up to date and fit for purpose solutions and new equipment.
- Act as an escalation point for out-of-hours IT Support.
The successful candidate will have a good level of commercial awareness and significant experience of working within a complex IT environment.
In return my client offers a competitive salary package and benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical scheme and generous employer pension contribution.