Housing and Support Manager
Location: Birmingham & Wolverhampton Hours - 37.5 p/w Mon-Fri
Salary - £30K TO £ 33K p/a (dependent upon qualification/experience) plus mobile phone & laptop.
CMD Recruitment is working to recruit a Housing and Support Manager for a social enterprise specialising in the economic, social and civic integration of refugees through accommodation and community-based training support. Starting in the West of England and expanding to the West Midlands in 2013 .
My client now employs over 60 staff nationwide and has successfully resettled over 3000 individuals from refugee backgrounds.
Their 500 beds of supported housing provide independence and ease of transition into UK life. Through their training subsidiary they deliver employment support and training services that are open to all - playing an important role in the low-income, primarily BAME communities they serve.
My client has developed an effective approach that builds individuals' resilience in the labour market, up-skilling and supporting them into sustainable, higher level employment and aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
Since 2015, my client has worked to directly develop the perception of refugees as assets to UK employers and local communities.
About the Role:
This role requires an experienced, commercially-minded yet empathetic Manager to lead and represent the West Midlands Housing and Support team, currently comprising 10-15 staff, to report in to the Operations Manager and take responsibility for successful delivery of all tenant housing and support operations in Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
You will represent my client within key Birmingham forums, and grow the stakeholder network and reinforce existing relationships.
It is an exciting time for my client with investment in brand new corporate offices in Bristol and Birmingham that reflect their vision for the future, and this post provides a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious individual to influence the shape of both current and future operations and make a genuine impact.
- Effective contract and performance management of tenant housing & support operations to fully meet legal requirements, continuously increase tenant empowerment, and maximise rental income.
- Professional representation within all relevant stakeholder networks/forums to build organisational profile and generate new business.
- Effective landlord relationship management and securing new landlord partnerships.
- Development of cross-department working practices and processes to enhance team capability, capacity and efficiency.
- Achieve on-target delivery, co-ordination and programme management of all tenant housing & support operations.
- Ensure a responsive and impactful service that is focused upon achieving positive, sustained outcomes for service users.
- Ensure the financial performance of housing operations via effective rental practices.
- Provide resource, activity and performance management for Birmingham and Wolverhampton offices.
- Ensure that work is delivered to budget and in line with performance targets. This will include:
- KPI setting and monitoring for staff and contracts
- ensuring staff performance including embedding best practice
- ensuring resource and financial efficiencyS
- Implement and oversee delivery of housing & support services. This includes delivery planning with the Operations Manager, project staff and colleagues to ensure delivery meets targets, minimum standards and the needs of clients and partners.
- Generate and use Management Information to effectively assess contractual and staff performance and areas for improvement.
- Create and maintain contractual and staff Performance Improvement Plans
- Co-ordinate service reviews to be held with delivery staff on a regular basis.
- Produce and submit reports to management, funders and other partners as required.
People Management and Development
- Lead on line management meetings and procedures etc for specific staff and the performance appraisal process.
- Provide the necessary professional support and assistance to all staff including acting as a model of appropriate professional behaviours.
- Responsible for effective people management including motivation of staff, maintaining team dynamics, setting SMART objectives and managing staff expectations
- Setting rents, administering their collection and developing policies to deal with arrears;
- To respond to resident rent enquiries and liaise with the Rent Recovery Team as appropriate
Level 3 Management Qualification
Housing management qualification at level 3
3 years' experience within the supported housing sector
Line management experience
This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to appointment and at regular intervals thereafter.