Electric high-speed motor manufacturing Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000
39 hours per week
28 days holiday (inclusive bank holidays) rising to a total of 33 days over 5 years
Cycle to work scheme
Fully subsidised canteen (free)
4 x life assurance
Our Client is a Global Market Leader within the Electrical Manufacture Industry and have requested the support to recruit an Electric high-speed motor manufacturing Engineer.
Summary of role:
The Manufacturing Engineer will be working as part of an experienced engineering team directly involved in manufacturing activities to introduce new products to the production facility and improve plant efficiency.
Manufacturing efficiency is key in order to insure to our customer a finished product at the best level of quality, at the right cost and built in safe work place.
The main focus of this role will be to look after a new rotor process for a new high-speed motor range, strategic project for the business.
You will be responsible to look after different projects involving machine and tooling improvement, quality increase and new process / machine introduction.
Responsible for using manufacturing tools using LEAN philosophy and FMEA to support and justify the tasks making sure they reach target on time.
You will work with a network of suppliers / contactors to complete required tasks.
Supplier visits will be required to sites in the UK and internationally, so a valid passport is needed.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing project management from scope, budget, specification definition until the qualification plan and final handover to Production.
- Manufacturing project management.
- Process analysis.
- Project delivery on time.
- PFMEAs and document process risk assessments.
- Qualification plan definition (design review / FAT / SAT) and follow up of non-conformances.
- Control of costs and the delivery of capital projects.
- Specification, selection and purchasing of plant equipment.
- Daily production support.
- Support New Product Introduction.
- Engineering degree.
- Project management.
- Minimum of 5 years in Manufacturing process environment with project management on automation project and machine optimisation and improvement background.
- General understanding of mechanical, electrics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Process analysis.
- Supplier management.
- Cost control.
- NPI experience.
- Lean manufacturing background.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage and deliver projects from start to finish.
- Good knowledges of Health & Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Key Performance Criteria
Manufacturing engineer to deliver projects on schedule, to budget and ensuring a safe working environment.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01225 800378 and email