Lecturer in Health Sciences
Salary up to £ 32800 depending on experience
Full time hours Monday to Friday ( 37 hours a week )
Great benefits in terms of holiday and pension plus other employee benefits
Responsible to: Curriculum Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a health science specialist to deliver on the new T-Level programme on a range of science based specific topics such as human anatomy and physiology, diseases and disorders, genomics and medical physics.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications :
Relevent degree in health related science
A teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one
Knowledge of the health science T levels
Strong industry experience and the desire to work towards a teaching qualification will be considered and supported for the right candidate.
The role will require you to deliver teaching and learning using a blended learning approach as well as assessing the qualification against the awarding body standard
This is an opportunity to deliver on the new T level programme as well as the delivery of BTEC levels 1 2 and 3
The role will involve the delivery of the core health sciences programme including science concepts, structure of cells , genetics , microbiology and immunology
You will produce schemes of work and lesson plans in accordance with Ofsted regulations and maintain accurate records of summative and formative assessments.
You will act as a Programme leader for the new T-Level programme by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- To liaise and agree a programme of learning with the Curriculum Manager.
- Organise an induction programme for learners.
- Identification of resource requirements i.e. staffing, specialist rooms, equipment, software, etc.
- To take responsibility for IV, EV and final standards assessment, in line with exam board criteria.
- To lead course planning and development ensuring that the provision meets the needs of all learners and stakeholders including administration i.e. timely completion and return of registers, Employers and HE Institutions.
- To maintain and update an electronic course file for each programme to be managed or that is taught on
- You wil support the co-ordination, planning and delivery of pastoral and tutorial provision for students including acting as a personal tutor for students to:
- Design and deliver a tutorial curriculum in line with College requirements.
- Assist in the identification of student's individual needs and in the co-ordination of relevant support to meet their needs.
- Support all learners to find an appropriate work placement as all learners will be expected to complete 315 of work experience hours.
- Support students to gain independence and confidence to immerse themselves into an occupational specialism.
Please apply with your CV for a full job description and a confidential conversation about the role