Head of Calibration
With an attractive salary and a host of benefits as follows:
- Fully expensed Company car with generous Social use allowance (subject to the usual BIK)
- Private Medical
- Company Pension Scheme
- All necessary PPE and tools for the job e.g. laptop, mobile phone etc.
- All approved Travel and Sustenance expenses in keeping with Company rules.
Do you have a good understanding of working within a UKAS Accredited Laboratory?
Do you have experience of working to ISO 17025 standards?
If you are reading this and would like to know more, please do read on and apply.
I am recruiting for a Head of Calibration to join our Client with the responsibility to lead team of Metrologists and Administration staff, you will be responsible for maintaining the UKAS Accreditation and for the efficient and effective running of our client UKAS 17025 Calibration Laboratory, specialising in Dimensional Metrology based at our Coventry facility.
The role requires attention to detail, strong communication (written and verbal), management and organisational skills in order to maintain the Departments UKAS Accreditation whilst achieving excellent customer service.
Maintain the effective working department, records and work methodology as well as sustain and build relationships with new and existing customers, governing bodies and our own sales team.
Working within a small team with specific Managerial responsibilities for the department, it necessitates the need to learn other core duties and equally impart training enabling flexibility, variety and continuity through periods of high demand.
The ability to manage and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers is essential.
- Manage a team of Metrologist's and supporting staff to ensure the efficient running of the Calibration laboratory to internal procedures and standards.
- Authorised signatory of UKAS Calibration certificates, technical authority and quality representative in line with ISO 17025 requirements.
- Co-ordinate all internal audits in line with UKAS requirements and be Company representative for 2nd and 3rd party Audits.
- Review and revise where applicable Manuals, Procedures and Work Instructions to comply with requirements and help maintain the Company's QMS.
- Prioritise and monitor workflow through the Laboratory whilst maximising efficiency and deal with customer queries as they arise.
- Maintain and build relationships with existing customers, governing bodies and sister organisations.
- Support the Calibration requirements of internal departments.
- Work pro-actively with the Sales team to promote the services of the Calibration Laboratory.
- Some travel is required.
- Mechanical Engineering or multi-disciplinary skills
- Experience in working within or managing a UKAS approved Calibration Laboratory for Dimensional Metrology. Responsibilities in the running of an industrial Quality Assurance Department of a comparable level, nature and demand will also be given consideration.
- Experience in managing business processes.
- An appreciation of working to internal and international procedures, with an ability to draw reasonable parallels between international standards.
- Experience in organising and conducting audits.
- Experience in prioritising department workload and answering customer queries.
- Hold a valid & clean driving licence.