We are seeking applications from engineering or physical science graduates who would be interested to work in the built environment arena. Our client manages a diverse range of projects to help reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sympathetic, sustainable design and architectural consultancy.
Provide a wide-ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- Providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- Advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- Using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
Who are we looking for?
- You should have a good degree in any engineering or physical sciences discipline - for example, mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or physics.
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential.
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member.
- A full driving licence is desirable.
What to expect once you are in the position:
A hands-on learning style with support and tuition from experienced team members. You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you through your role and responsibilities. Responsibilities can increase quickly as confidence and experiences are gained.
In addition, you will be encouraged to develop your qualifications and become affiliated with an accredited institution such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET or the Energy Institute and our training programme supports this.
My client offers the following benefits:
On offer for successful candidates are 24 days' leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days' unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
Please apply to find out more.