CMD are working with a leading local consultancy who specialise in analysis and decision support to the defence industry. This includes cost estimating and modelling, risk, schedule, benefits and operational analysis.
Due to growth, our client is now seeking a Graduate level Consultant to undertaking a number of duties including detailed data analysis or working at a customer's site building relationships with high ranking military and civil customers.
You will contribute to the planning, management and delivery of contracts that typically range from one month to a year. You will be highly mobile, able to travel between customer sites (the majority of which are within the south west) and able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Estimating costs of complex systems
- Developing analysis tools and techniques
- Providing advice and support to our customers
Key Skills and requirements:
- Have knowledge of writing technical reports
- Be comfortable and confident in presenting to customers or senior management
- Expert user of MS Excel, familiarity and confidence in using spreadsheets
- Conversant with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a technical industry
- Undertake data identification, collection and normalisation
- Present and communicate analytical information including data visualisation
- Generate either cost estimates, scopes or impacts for new equipment or systems
- Knowledge of the Defence, research, logistics, maritime or manufacturing industries advantageous
- An interest in Defence beneficial
- A Levels/HNC/Degree related topic or two years relevant experience in lieu of a degree level qualification either working for a Defence or Engineering Company
- Degree Level Qualification within Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
In return our client is offering a full training package with mentoring, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, health and life insurance.