Salary: Up to £32,300 + Van and Tools
Tidworth and Bulford
Permanent working 37.5 hours per week.
Free on-site parking
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
Access to an employee assistance scheme
Company pension scheme
Use of company Gym (for a very small fee)
To deliver new, reactive, planned and preventative maintenance in line with the contract service delivery plan for Commercial and Domestic Gas and related equipment as part of a highly skilled maintenance support function.
- Undertake all types of plumbing / mechanical repairs and installation work (including ancillaries) to the required standard and in line with any documentation provided.
- Deliver reactive, planned, preventative maintenance for Commercial and Domestic Gas and related equipment.
- Undertake servicing, fault finding and repair work.
- Carry out gas works including minor new works and refurbishment programmes.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic gas systems, ensure acceptable standards of productivity and workmanship are maintained in the execution of work.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and rectify defects in all boiler and gas systems and associated plant/components.
- Ensuring the recording of all maintenance works when completed are posted through the appropriate, equipment, systems and documentation as required by the Company Management System including statutory documentation.
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts.
- Able to carry out functions in an organised and logical manner with a flexible 'can do' approach.
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in gas/plumbing systems without receiving explicit direction.
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an efficient and effective service to the client, customer and stakeholders.
- Not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety or protection of the environment.
- Reporting of all Health and Safety defects, near misses, dangerous occurrences and spillages the office.
- Qualified to City and Guild level or equivalent in one or more discipline and to a competent standard under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- Recognised, relevant qualifications including relevant domestic and Commercial qualifications including Combustion Performance Analysis and Installation of Commercial Appliances,
- Must have, or be eligible to have MOD Security clearance
- PASMA & IPAF qualifications advantageous
- H&S Training.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven experience of working as a Plumber/Gas Engineer
- Relevant experience with pressure systems and Pump systems.
- Experience of modern control systems
- Industrial, Commercial, Domestic building services experience
- Proven track record of building services work or trade-based knowledge in a similar environment
- An understanding of safe systems of work
- An understanding and working knowledge of other disciplines within a multi task delivery service
- Must have or be eligible to obtain MOD security clearance
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
- Proven experience of working in a maintenance environment
- Working knowledge of a MOD or military environment
- IT literate (inc PDA)
- Proven experience of the use of hand-held devices