Functional Skills Tutor
37.5 hours per week
£ 20k to £ 25k per year
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
CMD Recruitment are supporting a national training provider with a functional skills tutor vacancy in the Northampton region
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking provider working on a contract that is growing.
My client is looking for passionate tutors with a " can do " attitide and a genuine interest in supporting learners to achieve
This role will require you to travel around the region.
The successful candidate will be a qualified tutor and have experience in delivering functional skills at level 1 and 2 in a classroom setting to small groups of learners from diverse backgrounds working in the transport sector.
- To deliver Functional Skills English and/or Maths at Level 1 and Level 2 to cohorts of learners
- To provide 1:1 or small group support where necessary
- To diagnose learners English and maths needs and requirements
- To produce Functional Skills Delivery plans to include assessment plans
- To prepare and develop innovative sessions, design and deliver group activities to achieve positive outcomes, embedding the learning, wherever possible, to make the sessions relevant.
Core Skills for Functional Skills Delivery
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with learners of all ages, employers, managers and other professionals
- Ability to work through and with others for the benefit of the learners
- Ability to problem solve, innovate, plan, organise, overcome barriers and implement solutions effectively
- Able to form confident professional relationships with learners
Knowledge Skills & Experience :
- Have a minimum of GCSE Grade C for Maths and English or equivalent
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills Level 1 and Level 2 Qualifications in Mathematics & English
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification: Minimum Level 3 Award in Education & Training, PTTLS, Cert Ed, PGCE, City and Guilds 9285 or 730 or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Maths & English delivery
- Ability to work remotely
- IT Literate with experience working with Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working and meeting KPIs and targets
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity practices and legislation
If you are a functional skills tutor looking for a rewarding career opportunity then please do forward your cv for consideration