My client is looking to recruit a Factory Manager for their new manufacturing facility based near Chippenham.
They will be manufacturing products for the construction industry, which will be used on new build properties throughout the UK.
The main function of the role will be to manage the who site, and this will be a key role within the business to help deliver the growth strategy. My client is looking to recruit a driven individual with experience at operating at senior level within the manufacturing sector.
The main duties within the role are:
- To provide leadership and management for the effective production and on-time delivery activities of all products produced at the Corsham site.
- Management of all aspects of the site and its operations including assistance with initial set up
- Assistance in the recruitment of factory employees
- Acting as interface between the Company and the technology provider who will be providing an extended period of technology transfer. This will include both challenging the technology provider and developing solutions to any issues as they may arise
- Ensuring production is cost effective
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes
- Ensure adherence to production plans and agreed deadlines through accurate forecasting and regular analysis of data, taking actions or providing recommendations in order to improve performance.
Experience/Skills required for the role
- Extensive production management experience/ knowledge in a manufacturing environment including at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Excellent business acumen with a strong working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Excellent knowledge of and experience driving Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- People Management and Conflict Management Skills
- Resource & Capacity Planning
- Inventory Management & Control Techniques
- Sound technical/industrial manufacturing knowledge
- Exposure to the construction industry is preferred but not essential
Due to the timescales my client is working to they will be looking to recruit the position ASAP as they are gearing up to start production from the site in September 2020.