Employment and Careers Service Manager
37.5 hours p/w Mon-Fri
Salary - £28,000 - £32,000 p/a (dependent upon qualification/experience) plus mobile phone & laptop.
My client is an award-winning social enterprise specialising in the economic, social and civic integration of refugees via accommodation and community-based training support. Through their training subsidiary, they are successfully expanding their services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which they operate. Building upon their previous successes they aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
About the Role:
My client is recruiting for an experienced, target-driven and commercially-minded Manager to lead and represent the West Midlands Employment and Careers Service team, currently comprising around 10 staff, delivering the following provision:
- National Careers Service (NCS)
- Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Programme - Employment Programme
- Commercial Pre-and Post-employment Training contracts
This role will suit somebody who has a payment by results background in either ERS or the Skills and Training sector and is seeking a challenging and rewarding role with a progressive and supportive organisation
Their work aims to deliver real long-term impact to service users by providing the skills, competencies and opportunities required for successful employment whilst also effectively developing 'softer' characteristics such as motivation, focus, ambition and confidence.
- The new Syrian employment programme will utilise first-language training and CIAG to support refugees to transfer existing skills and experience and develop new vocational skills, equipping them to access the local labour market and develop career plans that meet their long-term aspirations. Focused Employer Engagement, Jobs Fairs and 1-to-1 support and advocacy will generate employment opportunities for service users.
- The NCS contract provides high-quality CIAG and training to assist service users to identify and follow their preferred career paths.
- The Commercial contracts provide candidate sourcing and screening, pre-employment training and in-work support services to a range of employers including well-known national and international brands.
My client believes that with confident and collaborative representation within key Birmingham forums, the successful applicant will grow stakeholder networks and reinforce existing relationships. A very broad remit to influence the shape of both current and future operations provides an exciting opportunity to drive the performance and future growth of my client in the West Midlands, increasing their impact upon the lives of service users.
Ideally, you will have a recognised management qualification at Level 3 or above
- IAG is desirable but not essential
- Experience of performance management of a team
- Development of cross contract working
- Project and budget management
For more information including the full job description please send in your CV or call for a confidential conversation