Salary: Up to £30,000 + Van and Tools
Tidworth and Bulford
Permanent working 37.5 hours per week.
Free on-site parking
Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Public and Bank Holidays
Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
Access to an employee assistance scheme
Company pension scheme
Use of company Gym (for a very small fee)
Key Purpose of the Role:
To undertake the installation, maintenance and repairs of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures as part of a highly skilled maintenance support function with our client. Responsible for undertaking New, Reactive or PPM tasking.
- Undertake electrical installation and reactive work to the required standard and in line with any documentation provided.
- Undertake maintenance and repairs of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures when required.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring.
- Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for those parts.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including in fire alarms and security systems.
- Rewire faulty electrical systems, such as lighting, heating systems, and alarms.
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards, complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
- Work alone to find and present faults and concerns in electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions.
- Attend and resolve any reactive tasking as directed by line management.
- Ensure acceptable standards of productivity and workmanship are maintained in the execution of work.
- Ensuring the recording of all maintenance works when completed are posted through the appropriate, equipment, systems and documentation as required by the Company Management System.
- Work as part of a team to deliver an efficient and effective service to the client, customer and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all areas of areas of personal responsibility adopt and utilise our client policies and procedures.
- Not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety or protection of the environment.
- Reporting of all Health and Safety defects, near misses, dangerous occurrences and spillages to the office.
- IEE Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- Full (UK) Valid driving license
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship
- Manual Handling
Experience & Knowledge:
- Proven experience of working as a qualified electrician
- Experience with fault finding
- An understanding of safe systems of work
- Must have or be eligible to obtain MOD security clearance
- Industrial, Commercial, Domestic building services experience
- Proven experience of working in a maintenance environment
- Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations, City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications.
- An understanding and working knowledge of other disciplines within a multi task delivery service
- Carried out testing and maintenance activities on Emergency Lighting equipment
- Working knowledge of a MOD or military environment
- Proven experience on the use of hand-held PDA equipment
- Working knowledge of BMS and AHU systems
- Operates effectively as a competent person
- Understands the needs and implications of RAMS
- Understands the requirement of Safe Systems of work
- Effectively manage daily workload
- Ability to work on their own proficiency and carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
- Ability to set out jobs from drawings and specification, and requisition the necessary installation materials
- Ability to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and if required, supervise other operatives
- Can demonstrate a customer focused, proactive 'can do' attitude, flexible approach to working and can work as part of a team
- Problem solving & decision making
- Self-disciplined and able to use own initiative
- Good communication & interpersonal skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to act in a professional manner, with absolute discretion