Salary: Up to £39,000
39 hours per week
28 days holiday (inclusive bank holidays) rising to a total of 33 days over 5 years
Cycle to work scheme
Fully subsidised canteen (free)
4 x life assurance
Our Client is a Global Market Leader within the Electrical Manufacture Industry and have requested the support to recruit a Development Engineer.
Summary of role:
- To provide electromechanical engineering support for new products, with allocated time to sustaining existing products.
- To work creatively to improve productivity by improving production systems (process automation).
- To prepare technical files for CE self-assessment.
- Key Responsibilities
- To efficiently work in the Engineering Department with the other engineers involved in new and existing products.
- To be able to drive through engineering change, be 'hands on' and have an extensive engineering background.
- To liaise with Sales, Customer services, R&D, Production, Purchasing and repairs Departments on new product development and existing product support.
- To work on new product development tasks to include improvements of product design, prototype assembly and reliability testing.
- To support in an engineering capacity on existing products with cost down initiatives and warranty investigations.
- To take the lead and project manager the introduction of new production test equipment. This will include creation of the architecture, specification and PFMEA documents for the system. The equipment will then need to be sourced from a suitable supplier, validated and introduced to production.
- To manage existing test equipment and maintain the supporting documentation and spreadsheets to show introduction of new products into the production line.
- Degree qualification in Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering is essential and working understanding of electrical engineering.
- Good understanding of English language with high standard of written and oral expression.
- Task management skills.
- A sound knowledge of Bills of Materials control, Microsoft products, Creo and production for manual assembly.
Key Performance Criteria
- To understand what requirements our Client, require ensuring competitive advantage, and to ensure we have the development tools, methods, technology and design capability to always maintain the competitive advantage, to secure the companies longevity.
- Generate documentation structure and maintain to have easy access to product safety reviews and technical files.
- Maintain and develop test equipment and product data.
- Deliver results within agreed timeframe.
- Work within departmental budgets.
- Knowledge of company operating and production systems.
- Cost effective product development giving company profits.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Pyle at CMD Recruitment on 01225 800378 and email