Design and Technology Tutor (SEN)
£26,000 per year
Temporary to Permanent,( 16 weeks minimum temp assignment then to go perm )
Full Time 36.25 hrs per week
A vacancy exists for a tutor with experience of working with learners with special educatinal needs
If you are an experienced Tutor looking to impact and inspire and somebody that is a passionate individual with strong networking abilities then this role will be of interest.
Do you have previous experience teaching and supporting young people with learning difficulties?
If so, we want to hear from you!
My client, a college near Westbury is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, is looking for an experienced Design and Technology Tutor to deliver high quality teaching, learning, assessing and tutorial support to learners. Levels 1 and 2 .
You will use a variety of media and activities to support and develop the skills of disabled learners aged between 16-25.
Prepare and evaluate the curriculum across the college
- Various administrative and recording tasks in line with policies and procedures
- Assess students on admissions placements and make decisions accordingly
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary staff team to ensure maximum benefits for students
- Liaise with non-teaching staff for record keeping linked to student tracking, budgetary and financial aspects of the curriculum area
- Recognised post 16 full teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, Cert Ed
- Subject based qualifications to at least level 3 or relevant experience
- Experience in delivering curriculums to young people
- Experience working with young people with learning disabilities
- Experience using MIS systems linked to setting, monitoring and tracking student progress
- Ability to give guidance and support to other staff members and students
The successful candidate will be highly personable with excellent communication skills, as well as being self-motivated and enthusiastic. You will be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be able to take own initiative. You must have a clean, full driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
CMD Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you of the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
The closing date for this post is Wednesday 14th August 2019
Interview date to be confirmed
My client is an Equal Opportunities employer and a charity for the advancement of education for young people with learning disabilities
Please forward your cv for a confidential conversation about the role which is due to comemnce in September 2019